Home Media, Vixs, Unihan
Past Articles by This Author:
BlackBerry to Launch BBM Messenger for iOS and Android this SummerApple vs. Samsung Update: Apple Adds Galaxy S4 to Massive LawsuitCondoleezza Rice, Walter Isaacson, Jim Collins to Headline ExactTarget Connections Sept. 17-19ChannelAdvisor and Google Host Webinar to Share Tips for Success with Enhanced CampaignsLeaf Unveils Second Generation of its Built-for-Business TabletBlackBerry Unveils Version 10.1 Now Available for Download for Enterprise UsersBlackBerry Announces Q5 a 'Youthful and Fun Smartphone' BlackBerry to Webcast Keynote and Alicia Keys Performance from OrlandoMcAfee and Intel Deliver New Model for Consumer Security - LiveSafeLeaf Unveils New POS Android Tablet
ViXS Systems Inc. today announced a new home media gateway platform, Forge, developed in partnership with Unihan, Lantiq and Morega Systems, Inc. Forge combines high speed internet access, digital voice services, and wireless delivery of premium video, pictures and music to smartphones, tablets, laptops, and connected TVs throughout the home and beyond. The platform includes the world's leading media transcoding system-on-chip (SoC), a VDSL broadband modem, diverse I/O options, and innovative media management software to create a highly flexible architecture at an unprecedented low cost point.
With Forge, pay television service providers finally have an affordable option for high-volume deployments that will fundamentally change the way consumers access content and services. The key features of Forge are:
- ViXS XCode 4310 Dual HD Network Media Processor for multi-format video and audio transcoding and content security
- Complete turnkey solution designed with Unihan's strong R&D and manufacturing expertise that enables fast time to market for a cost-effective, high-volume deployment
- Lantiq's market proven XWAY VRX288 VDSL Gateway platform
- Voice services supported by Lantiq's SLIC and ISDN devices
- Comprehensive media mobility software from Morega Systems for presenting user-owned and premium content in a consistent interface across iOS, MacOS, Android and Windows devices, both inside the home as well as remotely
- Dual Band Dual Concurrent 802.11n Wi-Fi for streaming content to wireless IP devices
- Media streaming using Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Optional built-in storage so that consumers can store, access and share their digital content both within their home and remotely
- Optional targeted advertising solution using Morega software to replace pre-roll, post-roll and interstitial advertisements according to user analytics and statistics
Forge will be demonstrated at the 2013 International CES Show (Jan. 8-11) in the ViXS Systems Booth MP25953, South Hall 2, as well as in the Morega Product Suite at the Venetian.
More Articles by This Author...