Verizon Wireless Investment Tops $250 Million in New England
Past Articles by This Author:
BlackBerry to Launch BBM Messenger for iOS and Android this SummerApple vs. Samsung Update: Apple Adds Galaxy S4 to Massive LawsuitCondoleezza Rice, Walter Isaacson, Jim Collins to Headline ExactTarget Connections Sept. 17-19ChannelAdvisor and Google Host Webinar to Share Tips for Success with Enhanced CampaignsLeaf Unveils Second Generation of its Built-for-Business TabletBlackBerry Unveils Version 10.1 Now Available for Download for Enterprise UsersBlackBerry Announces Q5 a 'Youthful and Fun Smartphone' BlackBerry to Webcast Keynote and Alicia Keys Performance from OrlandoMcAfee and Intel Deliver New Model for Consumer Security - LiveSafeLeaf Unveils New POS Android Tablet
Verizon Wireless today announced the completion of $256 million in wireless network enhancements across New England during 2012, increasing the company's regional network investment to more than $3.3 billion since its inception in 2000. Nationally, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $80 billion over the past 12 years to add new services and increase coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide networks.
Since December 2010, when Verizon Wireless launched its 4G LTE network in the Metro Boston area, the company has aggressively expanded its 4G LTE footprint throughout all six states of New England. In 2012, Verizon Wireless added 4G LTE coverage to 1,000 cell sites throughout New England, providing customers with speeds up to ten times faster than 3G networks.
2012 Verizon Wireless Network Investment Highlights
- May 2012
- June 2012
- July 2012
- August 2012
- October 2012
- December 2012
In addition to enhancing technologies at already existing cell sites, Verizon Wireless built and activated 75 new cell sites across the following New England communities:
- Connecticut: Branford, Bristol, Danbury, East Hampton, Farmington, Glastonbury, Greenwich, Lebanon, Ledyard, Milford, Newtown, Niantic, Shelton, Stamford, Winchester, Woodbridge
- Maine: Kennebunk, Wells
- Massachusetts: Abington, Andover, Ashland, Boxborough, Brockton, Chester, Concord, Easton, Harwich, Holyoke, Hudson, Huntington, Methuen, Montgomery, Natick, Norfolk, Oxford, Palmer, Pembroke, Reading, Sudbury, Tolland, Upton, Weston, Weston, Wilmington, Winthrop
- New Hampshire: Bedford, Dunbarton, Exeter, Gilmanton, Goffstown, Hampstead, Hampton, Manchester, Marlborough, Nashua, Newmarket, West Lebanon
- Rhode Island: Bristol, Chepachet, Smithfield, Tiverton, West Greenwich
- Vermont: Castleton, Colchester, Hardwick, Hinesburg, North Hero, Norwich, South Hero, Swanton, Westford
Additional Regional Network Milestones in 2012
More Articles by This Author...