Quick IO, Streaming, Mac
Past Articles by This Author:
VIDEO: Must Watch - Bill Gates Talks Steve Jobs on 60 MinutesVIDEO: 50 Minutes of Google Glass Scoop!VIDEO: Check out the First Commercial for the New Facebook Home!VIDEO: AT&T to Release HTC One 64GB in April as EXCLUSIVEVIDEO: EA Reveals 17 Minutes of Battlefield 4 in New TrailerVIDEO: Go Inside Flipboard 2.0 - Making Your Own MagazineVIDEO: Sony Announces Blacklight: Retribution for PS4; Commitment to Indie DevelopersVIDEO: New Indiegogo Campaign for ChargeBite - Aims to Let You Charge Your iPhone with Your iPadVIDEO: Google Unveils Google Keep - New Note Taking ServiceVIDEO: Watch the Samsung Galaxy S IV Launch Online TODAY at 7pm Right HERE!
Quik.io, a new mobile application and service, today announced updates to its iPad and PC/Mac applications - allowing users to stream, while multitasking. Quik.io is poised to change how consumers access and share their personal content by empowering iPad users with the ability to instantly access, download or share their media files on their computers through network connections - whether by Wi-Fi from home, a hotspot or over 3G/4G.
Here's how Quik.io works.
Download and install Quik.io apps to your iPad and PC or Mac. Sign in to Quik.io using Google, Facebook or an email account. A Quik.io user can then choose videos, music, photos and documents to instantly stream to an iPad from a PC or Mac. The direct connection via Quik.io service avoids the long upload waiting time and storage limits often seen by the cloud-based services.
And with Quik.io it is easy to select files to download to an iPad to enjoy when off the grid - commuting, away from home or at the office -- anytime, anywhere. Sharing files with selected friends and family is easy. Just "Quiksend" them an invite to allow them instant access to stream or download of a media collection. Imagine sharing personal videos and photos instantly, without worrying about file conversion.
With Quik.io iPad users can:
- Watch videos, listen to music and access documents on PCs or Macs instantly
- Enjoy automatic media format conversion
- Experience highly optimized network detection for fast, seamless streaming and playback of content without any complex router configuration for port forwarding
- Save media to an iPad for viewing when not connected to the Internet
- Share media files with family and friends with easy "QuikSend" feature
- Connect with an iPad and PC or Mac with WiFi or 3G/4G
- Enjoy access to private PC/Mac media libraries while at work, school or on the road
More Articles by This Author...