News, Weather, Aviation, Mobile Apps
Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc. announced that it has launched a new free iPad app, Universal Mobile, featuring a suite of flight planning, fuel, and flight operations tools for business aviation operators.
"Our clients are demanding real-time updates and integration among all services, from scheduling software to trip support, fuel, flight planning, and more," said Randy Stephens, Division Vice President, Product Management, Universal. "They don't want to have to switch back and forth between multiple applications or companies for different services -- they want it all in one place and available wherever they are, and that's what we're committed to delivering. Universal Mobile is a unique integration of business-aviation applications not found in any other iPad app. It provides the full functionality of familiar tools and services our clients have used for years on their desktops into a mobile app they can use anywhere."
Universal Mobile, which is available for download from the Apple App Store, includes designed-for-iPad access to:
- Flight planning via UVflightplanner.com(SM) - Create, file, and review domestic and international flight plans
- Universal Flight Scheduling Software - Access Universal's new flight scheduling software
- UVair fuel pricing - Check up-to-date pricing and request fuel releases at over 4,000 UVair fuel locations worldwide
- Trip status - Check the status of trip services with Universal Trip Support Services
- Ops brief - View, download, print and manage digital Universal Trip Support Services and UVflightplanner.com operational briefing packages
"Whether a client is filing a flight plan via UVflightplanner.com, checking the status of trip services with our Trip Status tool, purchasing UVair fuel, or accessing our new Universal Flight Scheduling Software, they will have complete remote accessibility 24/7, with all activity reflected in real-time, from desktop to app and vice versa," said Stephens.