Press Release, News
Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc., (TAEC)*, a committed leader that collaborates with technology companies to create breakthrough designs, has announced the addition of the TLP152, an SO6-package IC coupler that can directly drive a middle-capacity IGBT or power MOSFET. Due to its ability to contribute to a possible reduction of mounting area by approximately 50 percent over previous offerings, the TLP152 can be used in a wide range of products for which downsizing is increasingly demanded, including photovoltaic power micro inverters, digital home appliances, industrial devices, and control devices.
Consisting of a GaAlAs infrared light-emitting diode (LED) optically coupled to an integrated high-gain, high-speed photodetector IC chip, Toshiba's TLP152 achieves the industry's lowest output current of 2.5A with an SO6 package. In addition, this product contributes to low power consumption, with an operating power-supply voltage of 10V (min.).
With guaranteed minimum creepage and clearance distances of 5mm and an internal insulation thickness of 0.4mm, the TLP152 is compatible with the reinforced insulation category according to overseas safety standards for electronic instruments.
Features of the TLP152 include:
- Output peak current: +/-2.5A (max)
- Operating temperature: -40 degree C to 100 degree C
- Supply current: 3 mA (max)
- Supply voltage: 10 to 30V
- Threshold input current: 7.5 mA(max)
- Propagation delay time: tpHL = 190ns (max), tpLH = 170ns (max)
- Common-mode transient immunity: +/-20 kV/microseconds (min)
- Isolation voltage: 3750V(rms) (min)
- Operating power-supply voltage: Vcc = 10V to 30V
Pricing and Availability
Toshiba's TLP152 is available now. Budgetary pricing begins at $0.45, with volume discounts available.