IceWEB 700, Cloud Services
IceWEB, Inc, a leading provider of Unified Data Storage appliances for cloud and virtual environments as well as secure, infinitely scalable Cloud Services, announced today that Ongoing Operations, a leading cloud storage provider, has purchased an additional high-performance IceWEB 7000 highly redundant and scalable unified data storage system.
"This represents our second purchase from IceWEB. The IceWEB 7000 more than fulfills our needs, is performance-based, provides not only cost savings but the reliability and protection that remain invaluable to our business," stated Kyle Stutzman, Chief Technology Officer, Ongoing Operations.
Rob Howe, CEO of IceWEB, added, "For IceWEB to be 'the choice' of such a highly respected company like Ongoing Operations, is very encouraging. Winning this business after being put through an arduous bidding and selection process against the rest of the field is particularly important for us. I want to reiterate, this is a repeat sale of hardware, software and services. That is testament that our sales efforts are gaining all-important traction. We expect many more to come."
In a competitive procurement process involving traditional storage vendors, only the IceWEB 7000 system fully satisfied all of the customer's unified data storage and performance requirements, including:
- Highly redundant dual controller units
- Hybrid disk pooling, combining Solid State (SSD) and high performance SAS drives
- Eight 10-Gibabit Ethernet connectivity for iSCSI and NAS
- Hot-pluggable drives, controllers, fans and power supplies
- Single, double and triple parity RAID protection: 0, 1, 10, 5, 50, 6, 60 and 6+1
- Automatic file system error correction ensures data integrity
- Unlimited, zero impact, zero capacity snapshots simplifies development and optimizes backup
- Thin provisioning, deduplication and compression to optimize utilization efficiency
- Flexible, no-impact replication (local or remote, real-time or scheduled) services
- VMWare ESXi 5.0 Compatibility
- IceSTORM 128-Bit Multi Node High Availability Cluster Operating System Enterprise License
Additionally, IceWEB's Disaster Recovery Site and Complex Citrix Installation as well as the European replication connection were critical components in Ongoing Operation's decision process.