Past Articles by This Author:
BlackBerry to Launch BBM Messenger for iOS and Android this SummerApple vs. Samsung Update: Apple Adds Galaxy S4 to Massive LawsuitCondoleezza Rice, Walter Isaacson, Jim Collins to Headline ExactTarget Connections Sept. 17-19ChannelAdvisor and Google Host Webinar to Share Tips for Success with Enhanced CampaignsLeaf Unveils Second Generation of its Built-for-Business TabletBlackBerry Unveils Version 10.1 Now Available for Download for Enterprise UsersBlackBerry Announces Q5 a 'Youthful and Fun Smartphone' BlackBerry to Webcast Keynote and Alicia Keys Performance from OrlandoMcAfee and Intel Deliver New Model for Consumer Security - LiveSafeLeaf Unveils New POS Android Tablet
NAKIVO Inc., a leader in VM backup to cloud software, announced today the general availability of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v2.0 Free Edition.
- The Free Edition provides a quick and simple way to make ad-hoc backups of running VMs for operational, archival, and portability purposes. VMs can be backed up locally, remotely over WAN, or to Dropbox - an easy to use, secure, and cost effective offsite cloud storage, enabling small businesses to save VMs for long term storage due to legal or regulatory requirements or in order to prevent unintentional data loss before VM decommissioning.
- The Free Edition installs in literally 60 seconds, does not require reading manuals, and is so intuitive that a new user can become an expert with the product in just a few minutes. The next-gen, Web 2.0 UI enables managing all aspects of data protection at any time and from anywhere, even from a tablet. The Free Edition monitors protected infrastructure and VMs 24/7, sends email notifications on infrastructure errors and changes, and provides job grouping for easier job management.
- Backups made by the Free Edition are automatically de-duplicated at the block level, which dramatically reduces storage space utilization. On top of that, the de-duplicated blocks are compressed to ensure that the least amount of space is used. This combination results in up to a 30x reduction in space required to keep backups. The backup includes all VM disks and configuration files, enabling fast and reliable VM recovery.
- With the replication feature of the Free Edition users can copy and migrate VMs between hosts and storage devices, even if they are located on standalone hosts, managed by different vCenters, or not even connected to each other.
- The Free Edition stays current with latest vSphere technology including vSphere 5.1 and can be installed on Windows 8 or Windows 2012 Server. Being VM OS and storage agnostic, the product can back up any VMware v4.1 VM or higher to any VMware-supported storage.
- NAKIVO Backup & Replication Free Edition is available now at no cost and with no limitations on the number of hosts and VMs. Upgrading to the full version of NAKIVO Backup & Replication is as easy as replacing the license file.
Find out more at http://www.nakivo.com
More Articles by This Author...