Past Articles by This Author:
BlackBerry to Launch BBM Messenger for iOS and Android this SummerApple vs. Samsung Update: Apple Adds Galaxy S4 to Massive LawsuitCondoleezza Rice, Walter Isaacson, Jim Collins to Headline ExactTarget Connections Sept. 17-19ChannelAdvisor and Google Host Webinar to Share Tips for Success with Enhanced CampaignsLeaf Unveils Second Generation of its Built-for-Business TabletBlackBerry Unveils Version 10.1 Now Available for Download for Enterprise UsersBlackBerry Announces Q5 a 'Youthful and Fun Smartphone' BlackBerry to Webcast Keynote and Alicia Keys Performance from OrlandoMcAfee and Intel Deliver New Model for Consumer Security - LiveSafeLeaf Unveils New POS Android Tablet
Nothing goes together like love and search engines? A promo release has just arrived from Bing, hoping that consumers will have room in their hearts on Valentine's Day for a second search engine... Here's what they have to say:
Tired of being let down in love on Valentine's Day? According to a recent survey from Bing and Impulse Research Corp., a surprising one in 10 people have ended a relationship on arguably the most romantic day of the year. This year Bing is challenging people to reconsider their search habit and break up with Google. You wouldn't keep dating someone who isn't trustworthy, so why use a search engine known for serving its interests over your own? In fact, a whopping 85 percent of people report that trustworthiness is the most important trait in a mate, beating out good in bed, sense of humor and wealth.
Bing treats you right. Whether you're shopping for gifts for your sweetheart, looking to plan a singles night out or finding tips for a great date night, try Bing this Valentine's Day and avoid getting burned.
- Not all is fair in love and search. Whether you're searching for a cuddly teddy bear or a diamond bracelet for your sweetheart, Google Shopping displays ads only from merchants that pay for ranking. Bing offers honest results so you get the best deals from across the Web.
- Bing takes the initiative. Bing's Snapshot feature includes one-click access for booking reservations or buying tickets so you have more time for doing and spend less time searching.
- Bing keeps you and your friends connected. Skip search engines that keep you locked in their system and isolated from your friends. Bing brings all your friends from Facebook into its social search and leverages experts and enthusiasts from Twitter. Just last month there were new updates to the social sidebar, which mean even more available content from your Facebook friends right within your search. Looking for a fun, new restaurant for a night out with your single friends? A quick search on Bing will show you not only great Web results but also which friends have liked those search results and posted status updates, comments, photos and more about them, so you can easily find out if they are right for you.
- Bing won't spoil your sweetheart's surprise. Just one click on "History Off" allows you to search in peace while you're looking for gift ideas and more. Bing gives you the same trust you give it.
- Bing showers you with tokens of affection. Just for searching, Bing Rewards lets you earn Amazon and Starbucks gift cards, free Xbox LIVE and Hulu Plus subscriptions, and even donations to charities. How can you say no to that?
Let Bing show you the love this Valentine's Day. Need more convincing? Click and choose which Web results you prefer by participating in the Bing It On Challenge, available at http://www.bingiton.com.
More Articles by This Author...