Macworld/iWorld 2013 Kicks off Thursday in San Francisco
Past Articles by This Author:
BlackBerry to Launch BBM Messenger for iOS and Android this SummerApple vs. Samsung Update: Apple Adds Galaxy S4 to Massive LawsuitCondoleezza Rice, Walter Isaacson, Jim Collins to Headline ExactTarget Connections Sept. 17-19ChannelAdvisor and Google Host Webinar to Share Tips for Success with Enhanced CampaignsLeaf Unveils Second Generation of its Built-for-Business TabletBlackBerry Unveils Version 10.1 Now Available for Download for Enterprise UsersBlackBerry Announces Q5 a 'Youthful and Fun Smartphone' BlackBerry to Webcast Keynote and Alicia Keys Performance from OrlandoMcAfee and Intel Deliver New Model for Consumer Security - LiveSafeLeaf Unveils New POS Android Tablet
Macworld/iWorld 2013, the Ultimate iFan Event, kicks off Thursday at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco where Apple-product enthusiasts will gather to celebrate the intersection of technology, art, business and culture, IDG World Expo announced today. Macworld/iWorld blends unparalleled educational opportunities, a show floor overflowing with the largest collection of apps, new products, technologies and tools for all Apple-related platforms, and a full agenda of cutting-edge music, film and art events and A-list speakers, including Ashton Kutcher, Josh Gad, Fred Armisen and will.i.am, offering something for everyone. Register now for special pricing through January 30.
Drawing attendees from across the country and around the world, Macworld/iWorld is the mecca for Apple enthusiasts. This year, more than 30 percent are attending for the first time while more than 66 percent have come for 10 or more years, reflecting a true cross-section of iFans old and new. When asked how they use their Apple products, attendees indicated a wide variety of uses, from communication (63 percent), to taking photos (55 percent), running their business (33 percent), shooting videos (29 percent), creating art (25 percent) and making music (22 percent). These many uses and creative endeavorsall made possible by Macs, iPhones, iPods and iPadshelped inform the 2013 event agenda, so whether you're a casual user, small business owner, IT professional, photographer, videographer, musician or artist, there are Tech Talks, products and special events designed for you.
Macworld/iWorld 2013 highlights include:
- Expo Hall featuring more than 300 exhibitors and developersmore than 40 percent for the first timeshowcasing the latest hardware, software, accessories and apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad. The show floor also includes Appalooza, one of the most popular areas of the show floor, where developers will showcase hundreds of the latest iOS and OS X apps creations.
- "Playing Steve & Woz in JOBS: A Conversation with Ashton Kutcher and Josh Gad." The actors share their experiences playing the technology industry's two most celebrated and influential personalities, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, in the upcoming feature film, JOBS.
- "Futurehunting," a session with will.i.am and Intel futurist Brian David Johnson. Hear their views as they explore the future of technology, creativity and the gadgets we all love.
- Q&A with Fred Armisen.
- The iPhone Film Festival featuring movies made entirely on iPhones, including the premier of "Departure," followed by a panel and Q&A with the creative minds behind the film. In addition to Departure's directors and producers, the panel will include Hank Shocklee, Grammy-nominated producer, composer and new media executive perhaps best known as a founding member of Public Enemy and the production outfit the BOMB SQUAD, who will discuss his work scoring the film.
- iNDIE iNNOVATION, during which indie bands Mister Loveless and Exist Elsewhere will perform live and show how they are innovating with Apple technology.
- Special session with the staff of "OUT THERE,"IFC's newest animated comedy.
- More than 60 new Tech Talks, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities covering topics such as iPhone photography, OS X, iOS development, the Adobe Creative Suite and technology and apps for music, art, movie making and education.
- Full-day, deep-dive workshops on eBook Production with Adobe InDesign, iOS Development for Beginnners, the Studio in Your Pocket, Multipurposing Design, Apple Deployment In-Depth and XCode for IT Admins.
- iPhoneography: The Mobile Masters Sessions, a day-long special event celebrating all aspects of the rapidly growing mobile photography art form and featuring the largest assemblage of iPhoneography talent and inspiration to date.
- LIVE Zone! featuring Music Studio, Digital Art Gallery, Macworld LIVE stage, iPad Sketch Station and Apple Consultants Network Help Desk. The LIVE Zone will also feature the iPhoneography Lounge, where attendees will have the opportunity to explore iPhone photography in fun and interactive ways, and the Adobe Photo Studio, where Adobe Creative Director Russell Brown as he and his team will show you the magic of Adobe's photo editing products.
Macworld/iWorld takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Through January 30, fans of technology, film, photography, music and the art can get the event's popular iFan Pass for just $100, a $25 savings on on-site pricing. The iFan pass provides access to all Tech Talks, including Main Stage sessions, the Expo Hall and the LIVE Zone for all three days of the event. Also available are Expo Hall passes for Apple product lovers who simply want to browse and/or purchase new products on display; the Expo Hall pass is just $25 through January 30 and $45 on-site. Register now!
More Articles by This Author...