Mobile Hardware, Enterprise, News
Past Articles by This Author:
BlackBerry to Launch BBM Messenger for iOS and Android this SummerApple vs. Samsung Update: Apple Adds Galaxy S4 to Massive LawsuitCondoleezza Rice, Walter Isaacson, Jim Collins to Headline ExactTarget Connections Sept. 17-19ChannelAdvisor and Google Host Webinar to Share Tips for Success with Enhanced CampaignsLeaf Unveils Second Generation of its Built-for-Business TabletBlackBerry Unveils Version 10.1 Now Available for Download for Enterprise UsersBlackBerry Announces Q5 a 'Youthful and Fun Smartphone' BlackBerry to Webcast Keynote and Alicia Keys Performance from OrlandoMcAfee and Intel Deliver New Model for Consumer Security - LiveSafeLeaf Unveils New POS Android Tablet
"Mobile device use in the enterprise continues to scale at a dramatic rate, straining the network in terms of bandwidth, data security, and connectivity to services. IT managers are seeking solutions to enable a considerably more agile and secure network," said Ram Velaga, Broadcom Vice President and General Manager of the Core Switching Group. "Our new StrataXGS devices are designed from the ground up to address these challenges, delivering maximum stackable port density and performance, distributed security intelligence, and unified switching across LANs, WLANs, and data centers - all in a single chip solution."
- 89 percent of enterprise networks enable BYOD2
- 75 percent of US IT managers said new rules must be established around security and device usage2
- 90 percent of IT managers feel the use of mobile devices pose a significant threat to security3
- 1/10/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet ports are forecasted to exceed 600 million ports by 20164
- App-IQ distributed security intelligence provides high bandwidth Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) for highly granular application visibility
- Integrated Smart-Buffer capabilities provide optimal, adaptive management of network congestion and absorption of bursty workloads
- Integrated Smart-Table technology delivers large Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding scale with flexible, network topology-based provisioning
- Layer 2 multipathing and network virtualization via IEEE 802.1BR enable optimum workload mobility
- Large IPv6 forwarding tables, up to 80G stacking and optional 40GE uplinks provide maximum scalability for Fortune500 network environments
The StrataXGS BCM56340 Series is now sampling in multiple device options. Volume production is slated for the second half of 2013. Visit http://www.broadcom.com/products/features/network_redefined.php to learn more.
For ongoing Broadcom news visit our Newsroom, read our B-Connected Blog, or visit us on Facebook or Twitter.
More Articles by This Author...