BlackBerry Promises Customers a Great Selection of Top Apps in Every Category
BlackBerry 10, News
Past Articles by This Author:
BlackBerry to Launch BBM Messenger for iOS and Android this SummerApple vs. Samsung Update: Apple Adds Galaxy S4 to Massive LawsuitCondoleezza Rice, Walter Isaacson, Jim Collins to Headline ExactTarget Connections Sept. 17-19ChannelAdvisor and Google Host Webinar to Share Tips for Success with Enhanced CampaignsLeaf Unveils Second Generation of its Built-for-Business TabletBlackBerry Unveils Version 10.1 Now Available for Download for Enterprise UsersBlackBerry Announces Q5 a 'Youthful and Fun Smartphone' BlackBerry to Webcast Keynote and Alicia Keys Performance from OrlandoMcAfee and Intel Deliver New Model for Consumer Security - LiveSafeLeaf Unveils New POS Android Tablet
Yesterday at the BlackBerry 10 launch event in New York, BlackBerry announced that 1000 of the top app partners will be making their applications available on the BlackBerry World storefront. The partners range from leaders in social media to the top games, sports, productivity, lifestyle apps, and more.
BlackBerry Vice President of Global Alliances and Business Development, Martyn Mallick took to the stage yesterday to showcase some of applications committed to BlackBerry 10, and attendees were able to play with some of the applications for the new platform.
"Being able to announce 1000 of the top app partners is a testament to the strength of BlackBerry 10, the ease of developing for this powerful new platform, and the remarkable opportunity that it represents for developers and brands alike," said Mallick. "We have focused on bringing the most relevant apps to BlackBerry 10 - whether they are global leaders in their categories, or whether they are regional must-have apps. We are thrilled and want to thank all the developers that have shown such strong support of a platform before it has commercially launched. We share in their excitement and belief in BlackBerry 10."
Here are just some of the apps and games committed to BlackBerry 10. Many of these apps will be available at launch with others to follow:
Business and Productivity
- Bloomberg, BMC Service Desk & Remedy, Box, Cisco WebEx Meetings, Citrix Podio, CNBC, Dictionary.com, Emirates NBD, Harmon.ie, IBM Notes Traveler, ING DIRECT Canada, Nat West, RBC, RBS, SAP, TD Bank Group and Thomson Reuters
- 10tons: Sparkle, Joining Hands, Azkend, King Oddball, Azkend2, Ironworm, Dragon Portal and Boom Brigade 2
- Disney Mobile Games: Where's My Water? and Where's My Perry?
- Electronic Arts: A great selection of their top games including, Mass Effect Infiltrator, Flight Control Rocket, The Sims FreePlay and MONOPOLY Millionaire
- Fishlabs: Galaxy on Fire
- Funkoi: Alpha Zero
- Gameloft: A great selection of their top games, including Asphalt 7: Heat, The Amazing Spider-Man, Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour, The Dark Knight Rises
- Halfbrick: Jetpack Joyride, Fruit Ninja
- JoyBits: Doodle God & Doodle Devil
- Rovio: Angry Birds Classic, Angry Birds Star Wars, Angry Bids Space and Angry Birds Seasons
- Square One Games: Square One and InXile
- SEGA: Sonic4 Episode 1
- ZeptoLab- Cut the Rope, Cut the Rope: Experiments
More Articles by This Author...